Speech and Language Therapist
Full time Speech and Language Therapist
NHS Band 5 - 7 (corresponds to School Local Government Pay Band 7 - 10)
Salary range: £24,889 - £39,484 for 37 hours, dependent on experience
Up to 37 hours per week, 5 days per week (part time by negotiation)
43 weeks per year including 5 Inset Days + 6 weeks paid holiday
Preferred start date – 1st November 2021 (or sooner if available)
Closing date for applications – Wednesday 29th September Midday
Since the school’s inception in 2015, Grove House has established a reputation of excellence in providing speech, language and communication expertise within a special needs educational setting.
Serving children from the ages of 8 through to 19, our aim is to continue to flourish and become a leader in progressive practice.
Our continued growth has resulted in the need to strengthen our SaLT team; a highly motivated and energetic Speech and Language Therapist is required to enhance our service delivery and bring enthusiasm to our working methods.
Grove House offers an exciting opportunity, which is both professionally challenging and rewarding.
We are looking for;
- A qualified Speech & Language Therapist with HCPC/RCSLT registration.
- A committed and determined Therapist who shows initiative and confidence in their work.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a school environment (special school experience desirable but not essential).
- Be able to carry out and analyse assessments, therapy planning and offer recommendations for EHCP and annual reviews.
- Active approach to carrying out whole class and group intervention.
- Dynamic involvement in supporting teaching staff and pupils within the classroom environment.
- Excellent time management.
- Integration into our passionate SaLT team; but also be able to work independently when needed.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Opportunities to develop clinical skills when working with a wide range of needs/diagnoses including ASD/DLD/Speech Sound Disorders.
- An engaging and innovative learning setting.
- Highly supportive, collaborative and friendly team of staff
- Pride in offering continued professional development (academy and trust wide) to all staff, including training and resources.
- Consistent professional and peer supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary working – collaboration with a wide range of professionals including Teachers, Occupational Therapist, Music Therapist, Educational Psychologist.
- A pupil centred focus, through collective hard work from parents, governors and staff alike.
- Opportunities to supervise SaLT students in order to develop and strengthen clinical skills.
- Recently refurbished premises.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the School on 01277 361498, our Head of Therapy would be happy to speak with you.
More information about the Therapy Provision at Grove House can be found on our web-site
An application pack and form can be found at the bottom of this page
Closing date: Wednesday 29th September, Midday
Interviews: Wednesday 6th October
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the advertised closing date should we find a suitable candidate.
Grove House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.